Chipotle Cast Iron Pork Chops
Even though I myself can’t eat pork chops that doesn’t stop my family! The husband and the kids love heat so this meal is a favorite. Wake up a boring pork chop meal with a bit of spice and some fresh herbs with this chipotle cast iron pork. Your family will definitely ask to have this recipe put in the meal rotation.
- 4 Center cut Pork chops
- 3 cups Mini Peppers (varied)
- 4 Large Idaho Potatoes
- 2 cups Mini tomatoes or kumatos
- Chipotle seasoning
- Kosher Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl add your center cut pork and evenly coat with chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper and place in your refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once the oil is bubbling add your center cut pork chops cook on high for 4 minutes until its a light crispy then rotate and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for an additional 3 minutes each to insure its completely cooked it will look white no longer a clear look to it
- Pull the pork out of the pan and place to the side
- Slice your potatoes skin on in round circles about ¼ inch in thickness
- Slice your Peppers by trimming the ends and slicing in the center remove the seeds
- Add your peppers and potatoes to the pan with your and saute' for 12 minutes on medium heat - stirring often (we sometime half cook the potatoes in the microwave (for like 1:30-2 mins) to make sure they cook evenly)
- Now add your tomatoes and continue to sauté' for another 5 minutes
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the pork back in the skillet.
- Garnish with Flatleaf Parsley