Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
Mocha Cupcake Recipe
Looking for a fantastic treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth? These mocha cupcakes are just what you need. With a chocolate base and frosting that holds a hint of coffee you will think you are drinking a decadent latte. I am not a huge chocolate fan but mix it with coffee? I am there.
Mocha Cupcake Recipe #coffeeislife
Looking for a fantastic treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth? These mocha cupcakes are just what you need.
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C soft sweet cream unsalted butter
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 3 C Powdered sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 C sweet cream butter
- 5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP cooled freshly brewed coffee
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Cream sugar with butter until light and creamy.
- Add egg
- Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa .
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Begin adding the dry mixture in with the butter and sugar combination.
- Alternate the dry ingredients with the milk.
- Gently stir in the fresh brewed coffee.
- Beat well until all combined.
- Scoop the batter into the paper liners until each cup is 3/4 filled.
- Bake at 350 for 21 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and allow to cool.
- Put soften butter in the mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Beat until the combination looks like little pebbles.
- Add whipping cream.
- Add brewed coffee.
- Mix until peaks appear.
- If this doesn't peak then add 1/2 C more of powdered sugar.
- Continue to mix until the frosting forms peaks.
- Frost your usual way.
- You also can use a zip lock bag, cutting a corner adding a tip to frost your cupcakes.
- Or using a pastry bag adding your favorite tip and frost.