Looking for some easy, flavorful cast iron skillet cooking recipes?
Our favorite meals in this family revolve around our cast iron skillet. It’s amazing how versatile cooking in cast iron skillet cooking is, not to mention how flavorful it makes any recipe.
Why cast iron skillet cooking?
Cast iron is naturally non-stick. No need to worry about a synthetic coating or scratching the surface with metal utensils. Learn the best way to clean your cast iron skillet last here: https://www.craftylife.net/how-to-clean-a-cast-iron-skillet/
The cookware retains heat fantastically. It makes for a perfect serving dish as it will keep your food warm during the entire meal!
Cast iron cookware is so long-lasting it will be a family heirloom. We use one for camping that is probably 50 years old and counting.
It’s super cheap and versatile. There are so many different versions of cookware and since they are relatively cheap to make, the cookware is budget friendly.
- Try to refrain from cooking acidic or alkaline foods like tomatoes or beans until your seasoning is well established.
- Use canola or vegetable oil to season your pan.
- Wash by hand with a nylon bristle scrub brush. Use a pan scraper for stuck on bits.
- Cast iron performs best when heated and cooled gradually, make sure to give it a few minutes to pre-heat.
- Dry promptly and thoroughly with a lint-free cloth or paper towel when the pan is still warm.
- Rub with a very light layer of cooking oil, preferably while the cookware is still warm.
- Never use dishwashers, metal scouring pads, and harsh detergents. It will harm the seasoning.
Cast Iron Skillet Cooking Recipes
Crawfish Mac and Cheese – Surprise your family with a Cajun treat for dinner
Cowboy Queso Dip – A full flavored dip with exactly the right amount of heat
Caprese Chicken Meal – Just the right amount of food and yummy, healthy ingredients.
Chipotle Pork Meal – Wake up a boring pork chop meal with a bit of spice and some fresh herbs.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Meal – Perfect for summer. Throw it in the marinade in the morning, pop it in the skillet when you are ready for dinner.
Poached Egg Spinach Saute With Walnuts – Packed with flavor, nutrients, and protein.
Our must have cast iron recipe items:
Our favorite brand – Lodge pre-seasoned skilletSunsella Silicone PotholderScrub Brush, 10-InchCast Iron Bacon PressCast Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles, Pre-SeasonedDurable Pan ScrapersCast Iron Drop Biscuit PanCast Iron Melting PotCamp Dutch Oven Lid Lifter