Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on a link I may earn a commission which supports this site.
Unicorn Poop Surprise Loaf Cake Recipe
This unicorn poop surprise loaf cake recipe has a bunch of steps but they are super easy! It’s worth it to see the unicorn lovers in your life cut open the magical loaf cake to find their surprise!! You could even replace the star with a unicorn cut out if you are ambitious.
Unicorn Poop Surprise Loaf Cake
Watch the unicorn lovers in your life cut open the magical loaf cake to find their surprise!!
Surprise Loaf Cake Ingredients:
- 2 boxes of vanilla cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 C canola oil
- 1 C water
- Purple, pink, blue and teal gel coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags
- cookie sheet with parchment paper
- loaf pan
- star cookie cutter
Vanilla royal icing
- Make the 2 white cake mixes according to the boxes
- Mix one box into a medium bowl and the other into another medium bowl.
- Take the second white bowl and split it into 4 bowls.
- Using the coloring and add it one bowl each.
- Scoop 1 color of the 4 batters into one piping bag.
- Repeat with remaining 3 colors
- Using the cookie sheet with parchment paper, take 1 of the piping bags, cut the tip off, pipe one line of the color batter from side to side. Repeat with the other colors. Example: purple, pink, teal, green, purple, pink, teal, green until the pan is covered in colorful lines.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cake is baked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Usinf the star cookie cutter, cut out star shapes.
- Take your loaf pan and spray cooking oil all over it.
- Pour some of the plain cake batter into the bottom of the pan
- Take your star shapes and place them standing up into the batter that is already in the loaf pan.
- Slowly pour the remaining batter around the stars so that when it bakes, the batter will bake over the stars and you won't see them.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Set aside and let cool before taking out and placing on your favorite serving dish.
- Combine all ingredients, except the colors and sprinkles, into a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the extra half cup of powder sugar if the royal icing looks like soup
- Once stiff peaks form, split into 3
- Add the two colors into the bowls, mix until you have your desired color, leaving one bowl white
- Add the white icing first over the loaf and then drizzle the pink and green
- Add the sprinkles
Cuisine loaf cake