Unicorn Poop Surprise Loaf Cake
Watch the unicorn lovers in your life cut open the magical loaf cake to find their surprise!!
Surprise Loaf Cake Ingredients:
- 2 boxes of vanilla cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 C canola oil
- 1 C water
- Purple, pink, blue and teal gel coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags
- cookie sheet with parchment paper
- loaf pan
- star cookie cutter
Vanilla royal icing
- 3 whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 C powder sugar plus 1/2 c on standby
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pink and Green gel food coloring
- Confetti Sprinkles (Unicorn Poop)
- Make the 2 white cake mixes according to the boxes
- Mix one box into a medium bowl and the other into another medium bowl.
- Take the second white bowl and split it into 4 bowls.
- Using the coloring and add it one bowl each.
- Scoop 1 color of the 4 batters into one piping bag.
- Repeat with remaining 3 colors
- Using the cookie sheet with parchment paper, take 1 of the piping bags, cut the tip off, pipe one line of the color batter from side to side. Repeat with the other colors. Example: purple, pink, teal, green, purple, pink, teal, green until the pan is covered in colorful lines.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cake is baked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Usinf the star cookie cutter, cut out star shapes.
- Take your loaf pan and spray cooking oil all over it.
- Pour some of the plain cake batter into the bottom of the pan
- Take your star shapes and place them standing up into the batter that is already in the loaf pan.
- Slowly pour the remaining batter around the stars so that when it bakes, the batter will bake over the stars and you won't see them.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Set aside and let cool before taking out and placing on your favorite serving dish.
- Combine all ingredients, except the colors and sprinkles, into a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the extra half cup of powder sugar if the royal icing looks like soup
- Once stiff peaks form, split into 3
- Add the two colors into the bowls, mix until you have your desired color, leaving one bowl white
- Add the white icing first over the loaf and then drizzle the pink and green
- Add the sprinkles
Cuisine loaf cake
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/unicorn-poop-surprise-loaf-cake/