Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on a link I may earn a commission which supports this site.
I am a HUGE lover of seafood and the Cast Iron Cajun Crawfish Mac and Cheese definitely hits the spot when I am craving it!
There are not too many things that fall into the category of seafood I will not eat.
I don’t eat it all the time, but crawfish is something I like to indulge in from time to time. Even though crawfish is yummy on its own. what better way to eat it than in a rich, indulgent, bacon mac and cheese?
It really doesn’t get better than this. So get out that cast iron skillet (because that is the only way to cook it) and surprise your family with a cajun treat for dinner.
Items Needed To Make Cast Iron Cajun Crawfish Mac and Cheese
How To Make Cast Iron Cajun Crawfish Mac and Cheese
Cast Iron Cajun Crawfish Mac and Cheese
Get out that cast iron skillet (because that is the only way to cook it) and surprise your family with a cajun treat for dinner.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter room temp
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 cup cooked crawfish tails
- 2 cups medium sized peeled and tail off shrimp
- 1½ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c shredded Colby / jack cheese mix
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Add a dash of salt to 1-quart water in a large pasta pot
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain and set the pasta to the side.
- Slice your green onions.
- Set to the side.
- While you are cooking your pasta, cook your bacon so it's crispy enough to crumble.
- Using the same skillet that you cooked your bacon in, add your butter.
- Melt butter on medium heat, add your green onions and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp flour to the skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Then add your half and half. Whisk to prevent clumps.
- Add Cajun seasoning and mix to combine.
- Add your crawfish tails and shrimp. Stir often for 5 minutes.
- Next, add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Fold pasta and half of the bacon into cheese sauce.
- Top the pasta mix with remaining bacon and bread crumbs.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Place your pasta mix into the oven and toast for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven
- Garnish with green onions slices.
- Allow cooling 5 minutes before serving.
More Cast Iron Recipes:
- Cast Iron Cowboy Queso Dip Recipe
- Caprese Cast Iron Chicken Meal
- Chipotle Cast Iron Pork Meal
- Lemon Pepper Cast Iron Chicken Meal
You may also like: