Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
It’s that time again! One of my favorite times of the year – Girl Scout Cookie Time. We have two Girl Scouts this year so we have an abundance of cookies. So what could make that yummy, minty goodness even better? Why Thin Mint Cupcakes!
These cupcakes are chocolatey, have an awesome mint frosting and will be the best thing to come out of your oven since Thanksgiving. I also have a samoa cupcake recipe for the coconut lovers. What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie flavor?
Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
Yummy, chocolatey, minty goodness.
Chocolate Mint Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 TSP Mint Extract
- 1 C Boiling Water
Mint Green Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp Mint Extract
- 8 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Green gel food coloring
Chocolate Mint Cupcake Directions:
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and mint extract.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Mint Green Frosting Directions:
- Add in all ingredients( except the green food coloring) into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- If powder sugar pebbles form, add 1-2 TBSP more of heavy cream
- If the frosting is too thin add 1/2 C more of powder sugar
- Mix until the frosting becomes stiff and doesn't fall off a spoon
- Add several drops of the green gel food coloring.
- Stir well to ensure an even color throughout the frosting.
Directions to prep cupcakes:
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and frost the cupcakes starting at the base in a circular motion.
- Place a Thin Mint cookie on top of the frosted cupcake.
You may also like:
- Thin Mint Truffles Recipe
- Samoa Cupcake Recipe