Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
Yummy, chocolatey, minty goodness.
Chocolate Mint Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 TSP Mint Extract
- 1 C Boiling Water
Mint Green Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp Mint Extract
- 8 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Green gel food coloring
Chocolate Mint Cupcake Directions:
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and mint extract.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Mint Green Frosting Directions:
- Add in all ingredients( except the green food coloring) into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- If powder sugar pebbles form, add 1-2 TBSP more of heavy cream
- If the frosting is too thin add 1/2 C more of powder sugar
- Mix until the frosting becomes stiff and doesn't fall off a spoon
- Add several drops of the green gel food coloring.
- Stir well to ensure an even color throughout the frosting.
Directions to prep cupcakes:
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and frost the cupcakes starting at the base in a circular motion.
- Place a Thin Mint cookie on top of the frosted cupcake.
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/thin-mint-cupcakes-recipe/