Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
Nail Polish Cookie Recipe
Prom season is upon us and what better way to sweeten up your daughter’s Prom party or primping session with her girlfriends than these adorable Nail Polish Cookies? You can incorporate all of her favorite colors and if you are feeling crafty you could even put the date or her name on them using a decorating pen!
Nail Polish Cookie Recipe
Nail Polish Cookie Recipe - this adorably sweet little cookie will be sure to make any girl smile! Perfect for Prom season.
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Cloud shaped cookie cutter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Black, Red, Orange and blue gel food coloring
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 4 eggs at one time...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- -Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Divide the icing into 5 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains white.
- The second bowl of the icing add several drops of black gel food coloring. Stir to mix the color.
- The third bowl of the icing add several drops of red gel food coloring. Stir to mix the color.
- The fourth bowl of icing, add several drops of orange gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- Repeat step with the last color.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Squeeze the majority of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this icing and stir to mix the water and icing together.
- Outline each of the cookies in the white icing.
- Allow this to dry for 30 seconds before filling in the body with the thinner white icing.
- Let dry for a hour to 2 hours before adding on nail polish bottle.
- Outline the cookie using a color edible pen so that you know what your outlining.
- Take the black icing and outline the nail polish bottle and fill in the bottle top with the black icing.
- Fill in the base of the bottle with the colors and then add a white line to the colors.
- Let dry for 4 hours before enjoying!