Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
I was very skeptical when I heard about the new Knorr® Homestyle Stock because I have tried A LOT of different types of concentrated stock and none really tasted good, in fact they were kind of fake tasting. I heard that there was a chance to try the new Knorr stock so I jumped at the chance because I was curious if they succeeded and developed a good concentrated stock with close to home made flavor. My husband Scott is really the chef in the family (I’m the baker) so I tasked him with putting the stock through his picky, foodie test. He’s very particular on how his ingredients have to be so I thought he was a good choice.
He was impressed that each little container makes 3 cups. Since he only needed 2 cups for his recipe we had 1 cup left over for a meal later on this week. I am the one that makes dinner most nights and they have to be quick and easy due to a load of sports and activities that the kids have and for some reason they always interfere with dinner! I was amazed at how easy and quick Scott made up this dinner.
Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken and Rice Tacos
Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and Rice Tacos
Yield 2 -4
Using Knorr Homestyle Stock make a quick, delicious, savory taco dinner.
- 1 cup of instant rice
- 1 cup of Knorr Homestyle Stock
- 1 cup of canned black beans
- Half an envelope of taco seasoning
- 1 cup cut up cooked chicken
- 1 lime
- (optional) sour cream
- 1 bag of shredded cheese (we used colby jack or cheddar jack)
- 1 package of flour tortillas ( we used CarbBalance)
- Mix the Knorr Homestyle Stock with 3 cups of water and heat for four minutes
- Mix with a whisk and take out 1 cup leaving 2 cups of stock.
- Chop and measure chicken
- Rinse and measure black beans
- Add stock to a 2 quart pan and bring to a boil
- Stir in taco seasoning
- Add chicken, rice and beans and stir to combine
- Keep heat on for about 1 minute then cover and shut off heat. (Scott covers it with a towel to retain heat)
- Let stand 8 minutes (or until rice absorbs almost all the liquid)
- Warm up tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel in mocrowave for 15-20 seconds
- Spoon mix onto a tortilla
- Cut and squeeze lime lightly over mix
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- Add sour cream if desired
This was unbelievably quick and easy plus totally filling. I ate one and I was stuffed! Let me know if you make the recipe and tell me what you think!
I received a Knorr Homestyle Stock sample for the purposes of my review. No other compensation was received. This review was made possible by Smiley360. Thoughts are my own, as always.