Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
Favorite holidays treats part 2!
Butterscotch Birds Nests
(or Peanut-butter sticky cookies)
This recipe is a family favorite. Over the years we have made them hundreds of different ways with different types of ingredients. This year we made them with more peanut-butter (sticky) than butterscotch. Adjust the recipe to fit your tastes.
Our “sticky” cookies cooling….
Favorite Holiday Treats Part 2 | Butterscotch Birds Nests
Use the awesome sweetness of butterscotch and the nutty goodness of peanut butter to create the perfect cookie. Super quick and easy.
- 7 cups of cornflakes
- 3 or 4 cups of peanut butter (depending on how peanut buttery you want it)
- 1 bag of Nestle Butterscotch Chips (Nestle works best)
- alternate peanut butter option is to use crunchy to add a more nutty flavor.
- Quick and easy. Combine cornflakes, peanut butter and butterscotch in a medium saucepan on low heat. Stir until cornflakes are completely coated. Make sure the peanut butter and butterscotch are completely melted into a creamy texture.
- Spoon cornflakes onto a piece of wax paper keeping them separate. Place the cookies into the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
Stay tuned for part 3 plus a special recipe from CraftyKid.