Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
This Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak with Peppers has become a favorite in our family. In my house, our motto is “the spicier the better”!
My husband likes any excuse to use the cast iron skillet and this recipe adds a lot of seasoning to the pan! My favorite part of the recipe is all the fresh veggies that are thrown in that not only add flavor, they add brightness to the dish.
Our kids love veggies but I like to change up how they eat them. A little variety never hurt anyone! Add in the Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, honey and soy sauce – you get bold, savory flavors that are sure to make everyone clean their plate!
The Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak and Peppers recipe is an easy simple dinner you can throw together in 30 minutes, less if you like your steak on the rarer side.
Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak and Peppers Recipe
Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak and Peppers
This Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak with Peppers has become a favorite in our family. In my house, our motto is "the spicier the better"!
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 lbs flank steak (cut into bite-size strips)
- 3 green pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium purple onion cut slices
- 3 tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In large cast iron skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add steak.
- Continue coking until browned and slightly crispy; stirring several times.
- Cook time will be 4-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate then set to the side.
- Using the same skillet add another (1) tablespoon olive oil. Add the pepper and onions and cook for approximately 5 minutes - stirring often.
- Remove from pan. Place on a plate and also set to the side.
- Reduce the skillet to a low heat. Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add your garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the red wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Place the sauce in the saute' pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return steak, peppers, and onions to pan and stir to coat.
- Warm for 5 minutes making sure to stir often
- Serve and enjoy!