Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak and Peppers
This Spicy Cast Iron Skillet Steak with Peppers has become a favorite in our family. In my house, our motto is "the spicier the better"!
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 lbs flank steak (cut into bite-size strips)
- 3 green pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium purple onion cut slices
- 3 tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In large cast iron skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add steak.
- Continue coking until browned and slightly crispy; stirring several times.
- Cook time will be 4-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate then set to the side.
- Using the same skillet add another (1) tablespoon olive oil. Add the pepper and onions and cook for approximately 5 minutes - stirring often.
- Remove from pan. Place on a plate and also set to the side.
- Reduce the skillet to a low heat. Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add your garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the red wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Place the sauce in the saute' pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return steak, peppers, and onions to pan and stir to coat.
- Warm for 5 minutes making sure to stir often
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/cast-iron-skillet-steak-pepper/