Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
Beauty Tools Every Woman Needs
I am not what you call a girly-girl. I am more of a girly-tomboy if that makes sense. I do love pretty things but I am just as comfortable in a pair of jeans and a messy bun. I was blessed with two girls, one being a very girly-girl so I had to learn quickly what beauty tools I needed in our arsenal to get us through the school week, dance recitals and homecomings. My daughter’s first prom is coming up in the spring, so I have been researching all the new hair tools and tricks I can! It was so much easier with my son. All we had to get was a tux and a haircut……..done.
I have done the research so you don’t have to! Here are a few beauty tools my daughters and I have found that make up a perfect beauty tool kit that no woman should be without. Tried and tested.
Must have beauty tools.
- Wide tooth shower comb. Between me and my two daughters there is an abundance of hair in this house. We have found that if you comb your hair while in the shower and with the conditioner still in your hair, it not only prevents split ends for longer but it saves you from having to clean up the bathroom floor and the mounds of hair that results. It also helps tame the frizzies especially if you just squeeze dry your hair instead of towel dry.
- A hair turban. Let me tell you…..when I use my hair turban it freaks my cat out. It’s hilarious. I feel like a 50s wife when I wear it but it cuts my hair drying time in half and it also cuts the frizz in my hair. With my fibro, it hurts wickedly to dry my hair. The repetitive motion above my head triggers my fibro immensely. I shower, throw my hair up in the turban, make some coffee and get some work done. No drippy wet hair all over my shirt and I can dry my hair when I have time. That is if my cat hasn’t already knocked the offending turban off my head. 😉
- A nifty hair glider. I have never heard of these until recently, but OMG they are so cool. They heat up in seconds and they don’t put intense heat on your hair. They are awesome for everyday use. It only takes a few passes through your hair and you are good to go. My daughter and I both have wavy, borderline frizzy hair so it’s perfect for us.
- A killer hair dryer. If I do have to dry my hair I need a speedy, light, easy to handle and super quiet for early mornings kind of hair dryer. I used to think a hair dryer was a hair dryer until I got a ionized hair dryer. You need a GOOD hair dryer that evenly dries your hair quickly. Look for one that has a motor that produces consistent heat and air pressure, locking in moisture as it breaks down water molecules. This keeps your hair from drying out and being exposed to heat too long. Heat is hairs enemy.
- Argan oil. This stuff is like liquid gold. I have tried so many products to get rid of frizz in my hair but they all just dried out my hair and made the frizz worse in the long run. If you can find an entire hair line of argan products snap it up, like the HSI Argan Oil Wet Line. I throw the oil in my hair before I put my turban on and my hair has dried awesome when I do.
- A ceramic flat iron. If you use a flat iron, ceramic is the way to go. We use it for days that our hair just really won’t behave and the glider doesn’t cut it. Why ceramic? The ceramic plates heat up in seconds, retain heat better, and prevent ‘hot spots’ from occurring to provide even heat distribution. The ceramic also helps keep hair shiny and frizz-free. Get a flat iron that has a temperature gauge that is fully adjustable between 140-450°F to give greater control and fit any hair type. You also should look for a hair straightener that has floating plates with curved edges that provide extra flexibility to curl, or straighten your hair.
- A travel style kit that is the mini version of your at home kit. I just found out I am going to be traveling a lot in 2017 so I need to update my travel kit. There is nothing worse than a hotel hair dryer. You might as well stick your hair in a dryer. Since it’s really not space saving to pack your full size tools invest in a good set that has a ionizing hair dryer with attachments, mini straightener and since most likely you will need fancy hair, a hair wand. Don’t forget to grab some hair clips too! I don’t curl my hair without them.
- A really great shower cap. I like to shower everyday but I hate washing my air every day because it really doesn’t need it. If I have my hair perfect I don’t like to mess it up so I use my shower cap. Use a little dry shampoo after you shower to refresh and you are good to go. It’s great when you are traveling too and have early morning meetings or breakfasts.
So those are our must-haves? Did I miss any? What are yours?
Check out our favorite HSI products below!
Offer: 50% Off Sitewide Plus Free Shipping Over $25
Promo Code: GIVEHSI50
Expiration Date: 12/31/16