Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
We have been blessed in our family with a budding artist. In the digital age, charcoal pencils and paper just won’t do. I had heard about the Wacom Intuos Bluetooth Creative Pen Tablet from my 11-year-old quite a few times so when we had a chance to try it out it was like Christmas come early in the My Crafty Life household.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
My 11 year old draws ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE. She gets it from her dad. I love it. She has become so creative and it keeps her brain working, away from the mindless apps on her phone or regular tablet.
One of her responsibilities in our household is to watch our dogs in the afternoon when I work and her favorite place to draw is outside, she says it inspires her.
Her favorite features of the Wacom Intuos Bluetooth Creative Pen Tablet is that it has a Bluetooth connection and a corded option. She can take it anywhere but her favorite spot is sitting on our patio table in the backyard.
It Comes With Perks
When you purchase the Wacom Intuos it includes free downloadable software. You have a choice of two of the following: Corel Painter Essentials (drawing/painting), Corel AfterShot (photo-editing), Clip Studio Paint Pro 2-year license (comic/manga).
She got SUPER excited about the Clip Studio. You can animate and draw your own comics etc and she is currently in the process of making her own.
I have been using the AfterShot for my posts and social media and it works fantastic. I think over time it will replace some of my other editing software.
A Creative’s Dream Tool
If you have a budding digital artist in your house, seriously look into the Wacom Intuos Bluetooth Creative Pen Tablet (available for purchase at Best Buy). It’s amazing at how responsive it is and she doesn’t even need to use her drawing glove at all. (She usually does but that’s just for her comfort). It doesn’t react to the skin at all.
She also remarked that the hover feature where she doesn’t even have to be touching the pen to the pad is amazing for fine line drawing.
Overall, a fantastic product. We were amazed at the quality and I have a feeling my husband is going to be sneaking some time on it too after watching her using it.
Whether you are like my daughter and love to draw manga art, paint digital watercolors or retouch your photos like me, you will be amazed too! (Don’t forget you receive up to 3 free creative software programs to suit your style also)
Fantastic features of the Wacom Intuos Bluetooth Creative Pen Tablet:
- Medium size with a larger active areaIdeal for use with large or multiple monitors and can be set up for both left- and right-handed use.
- Four customizable ExpressKeysPut your favorite shortcuts like Undo or Copy/Paste at your fingertips.
- Wacom Pen 4KCordless, pressure-sensitive, battery-free pen with built-in pen nib compartment and nib removal tool.
- 4096 levels of pressure sensitivityFor control and precision when drawing, painting and photo-editing in any software program.
- Bluetooth connectivityConnect wirelessly with Bluetooth to your Mac or PC.
- Includes free downloadable softwareChoose two of the following: Corel Painter Essentials (drawing/painting), Corel AfterShot (photo-editing), Clip Studio Paint Pro 2-year license (comic/manga).