Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on a link I may earn a commission which supports this site.
Vanilla cupcakes and villains? Sign me up. These Disney Descendants cupcakes aren’t bad, they are just made that way…….as in ridiculously bad for your diet. They are so good, you won’t care.
It is well known that I am a HUGE fan of Disney (and pretty much all fairy tale) villains. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that my new favorite movie to watch with my 8-year-old is Disney’s
So it shouldn’t be a surprise that my new favorite movie to watch with my 8-year-old is Disney’s Descendants. This recipe is fabulous and will be a huge hit at any party, even for adults. Trust me.
This recipe is fabulous and will be a huge hit at any party, even for adults. Trust me.
What you will need to make The Disney Descendants Cupcakes:
Purple Cupcake LinersIcing ColorsIcing BagsFrosting Decorating TipsMy favorite Vanilla ExtractHamilton Beach Stand Mixer13 Piece Mixing Bowl Set – BPA Free Plastic Mixing Bowls Nested Colorful with Measuring Cups and TeaspoonsCupcake ScoopWax Paper
The Disney Descendants Cupcake Recipe
Villains and vanilla cupcakes? Sign me up.
VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 C buttermilk
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Green gel food coloring
ROYAL ICING INGREDIENTS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer whip the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy in the mixing bowl.
- Add in an egg, then the egg whites one at a time. Add the vanilla with the second egg white.
- Using a liquid measuring cup measure the buttermilk.
- Start to mix 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with 1/2 of the buttermilk. Mix after each addition only until just combined.
- After all ingredients are blended scoop the batter into the paper lined cupcake pan until each tin is 3/4’s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and place each on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Add several drops of orange gel food coloring. Mix well to blend the color.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- Add more powdered sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powdered sugar.
- Divide the icing into thirds.
- The first bowl with a third of the icing add several drops of red gel food coloring. Mix well.
- In the second bowl with a third of the icing add several drops of yellow gel food coloring. Mix well.
- In the third bowl of icing – no coloring will be added this icing will remain white.
DISNEY DESCENDANTS LOGO:
- Locate a picture of the Disney Descendants Logo on Google.
- Print the picture with several small Descendants Logo colors.
- Tape this picture with small numerous logos of it on it to a cookie sheet.
- Tape wax paper (covering the copies of the logo) to the cookie sheet. Follow the color and features as printed on the paper.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with the red royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the apple first. Fill in the image with the apple icing. Allow this to dry for 30-60 seconds.
- Again, using a small pastry bag fill with the white royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the apple bite first. Fill in the bite mark with a thick white line of icing. Allow this to dry for 30-60 seconds.
- For the third time, using a small pastry bag fill with the golden yellow royal icing and a #2 tip.
- Start by outlining both snakes first. Fill in both snakes with golden yellow icing.
- Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- Ensure that the logo is dry, gently touch one of them with your finger if it allows you to push in on the icing allow it to dry more. If the logo is dry then it will have a hard feeling not allowing you to push in on it.
- Cut the wax paper holding the completed logo into squares surrounding the completed cupcake decoration.
- Once the logo is dry, carefully peel the wax paper off of their backs.
- Place on the frosted cupcake.
*Descendants logo is the property of Disney.