Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
So we are still sick in the Crafty household. I have been racking my brain trying to think of new interesting ways of getting immune boosting things into my kids. I have been giving them vitamins, making them broccolli etc but only one of my kids (B) seems to be shaking this virus.
My kids love smoothies and my middle daughter is always looking for new and interesting ways to make smoothies. When we went on a quick shopping trip to get a few things I grabbed a large bottle of 100% Florida orange juice in hopes that it would help boost our recovery. We also had a bottle of 100% pineapple-orange juice blend in the fridge my husband picked up that my daughter (B-the only healthy one) was itching to use so we decided to make smoothies with those juices plus a few other things we found in the kitchen for the family. I forgot how easy of a way smoothies are to get that great stuff kids need into their bodies!
We started with a creation that B calls Orange A La Mode. (It’s actually just a strawberry-banana-orange-yogurt smoothie but let’s humor her)
*3 scoops of vanilla flavored yogurt
*Frozen fruit pieces (bananas, strawberries)
*1/2 cup of 100% Florida orange juice
*optional: 1 tsp of Blue Agave syrup for sweetness
1. Place 3 scoops of yogurt in first, then add the frozen fruit.
2. Pour in juice (and agave) last.
3. Blend thoroughly stopping half way through to shake the mixture to evenly distribute the frozen fruit.
The next concoction she made was her Shirley Temple Smoothie. (This kid is obsessed with Shirley Temples) 🙂
Shirley Temple Smoothie
Delicious Sweet Smoothie
- 4 scoops of yogurt
- Frozen fruit (add as much as you like)
- 1/4 cup regular 100% Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup of orange-pineapple 100% juice blend
- 7 maraschino cherries
- Maraschino juice
- 1 TB of protein powder vanilla
- Add all ingredients to blender, put protein powder in last.
- Shake completely
- Pour into glass adding the maraschino juice last for extra sweetness.
B even added more cherries to her’s…the girl loves sweet.
Smoothies made with 100% #FloridaOJ are an easy, fun, nutritious way to get those vitamins and minerals into your kids!
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias ALL opinions, pictures and thoughts are, AS ALWAYS, my own.