Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
A Great Salsa For Your Next Party
One of my favorite go-to party foods is definitely salsa. It’s easy, you can make it hot or mild and most people love it. While it is easy it can be time consuming. That’s where my favorite piece of kitchen equipment I have comes in – the slow cooker. I love the “set it and forget it” simplicity of this recipe. Another perk of this recipe is it cans well. You can make a huge batch of it, can it and it stays up to a year. Then all you have to do is pop open a jar, heat it up (or not) and serve with chips or pita wedges!
- If you are using a water bath method in a large pot bring water to a boil.
- Sanitize your canning jars by submerging them for about 5 minutes.
- Use your canning tongs to remove the jars.
- Spoon salsa into canning jars leaving about ½ inch of space at the top.
- Wipe the rim and place the lids and rings onto the can.
- Using the canning tongs place the jars back into the water bath for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the jars to cool ensuring a secure seal.
- This will keep for about 1 year
If you feel like splurging the Bell FreshTECH is worth it if you do a lot of canning.