Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
I received a product sample for review purposes only. Positive review was not required.
Why you need a GhostBed in your life….
- It has an adorable logo.
- It is 11 inches thick. Size matters.
- 101 Night Risk Free Sleep Trail – they ship it back for you free if you don’t love it.
- The cover unzips making it perfect for washing. (Great for allergy suffers)
- It DOES NOT retain heat like other memory foam mattresses I have used.
- GhostBeds have a cooling gel memory foam layer made with special foam to react with your body for cooler nights.
- Free shipping and it comes right to your door. No salesmen or salesroom. (They make me twitch)
- They have a 12 month flex pay options. (Mattresses start $495)
- A GhostBed has a 20 year warranty. That’s a lot longer than a lot of other memory foam manufacturers.
It was like the universe sensed it was time to get rid of my old mattress. I was having trouble, make that a lot of trouble sleeping. I was dreading the warm weather because the memory foam mattress that I used to love and does pretty well in the winter, does not do as well during the summers here in IL. It absorbs the heat massively. You can literally feel the heat radiating from the mattress. I have fibro so it’s not great when I sink into the bed or can’t move. I honestly need something more intuitive. We had been considering our options when I got a fantastic email from the CEO of GhostBed asking me if I wanted to test out a GhostBed. After reading the site and seeing that is has a cooling layer I jumped at the chance. Pretty fortuitous huh?
A photo posted by Jen R (@thecraftymomof3) on
The bed was here lickity split, shipping was SUPER fast. I was bummed that I had to wait to open the bed because we were watching my mom’s new puppy and I wasn’t going to expose the new bed to a puppy. So the next weekend when my husband was off of work we opened it. My cat was happy and thought that we bought her a giant new cat bed.
Our unboxing, the whole family minus my son got in on it! Including the cats.
We let it breathe overnight on the dining room table and put it on the bed the next night. Funny story: My husband was so used to my pathetic mattress that the first night he slept on the GhostBed he fell off the bed. It’s so plush and tall that he didn’t sink into it like the other one!
So for quite a while my husband and I haven’t been able to sleep in the same bed every night. He snores plus moves around a lot and so do I. Basically with my fibro and his flailing about, one of us ended up injured by the morning. I didn’t like it, but we did what we needed to do to stay married. A lot of the problem was that my old mattress wasn’t firm enough for him but I like a softer mattress. We slept on the GhostBed mattress for two weeks together and I am shocked to report there have been no incidents. Seriously. We haven’t been snoring as bad and waking each other up moving around at all. The only issue we had was that he took my blanket but I don’t think that had anything to do with the bed….. 🙂 It’s nice to be able to sleep in the same bed again.
Why we loved the mattress.
The mattress is firm enough for my husband, yet soft enough for me. It really does stay cool. I was skeptical. I have had a lot of products say they could keep me cool at night but this is the first to deliver on that promise. There was also NO SMELL. Foam mattresses are notorious for stinking to high heaven. The GhostBed bounces back really quick, I haven’t noticed an indent problem at all like my other mattress. My old mattress would hold a person’s shape for over a day and bounced back real slow.
Honestly I am shocked at how much I love this mattress. I have been sitting here trying to think of a good reason NOT to like it and I can’t. It’s the first mattress in my adult life that I have slept on without some form of egg crate foam or pillow topper. I don’t need any extra support at all. My husband is happy that he no longer has to camp out on the couch! I am also happy because I am finally waking up without a lot of back pain or headaches. This is huge with fibro because headaches or backaches can last for days and are hard to get rid of. I don’t rave about much or review things here on the website that I don’t like so this bed is really that good. If you have any sort of chronic pain or back problems and can’t afford the pricier mattresses, GhostBed is really something you should look into. Even if you CAN afford the pricier mattresses I think you should look at purchasing a GhostBed.
Guided by years of experience and many tested products, we have designed the perfect feel that combines different densities and thicknesses of foam
- 1½” Continuous aerated latex foam is naturally responsive, plush and does not retain heat
- 2″ Gel memory foam uses a proprietary formula with larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights
- 7½” High density base layer for increased support and longevity
- 11″ Total Height of the GhostBed Mattress
- Once we crafted the perfect feeling mattress, we top it with a cover that is ultra soft, comfortable, flexible and durable.
- Luxurious cover with a blend of viscose and polyester for stretchability and a plush feel
- Cover easily zips off and is machine washable
- Handcrafted for durability and long-life and is CertiPUR-US certified
To find out more information on GhostBed and receive $50 off coupon on a mattress (only for my readers) visit here: http://mbsy.co/fmq83
I seem to collect visitors when I am trying to read on my iPad……….they want a GhostBed of their own.