Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
If you have a daughter under 10 years old you have probably seen or heard about the Monster High brand. It’s a favorite in our house. I love how the show, books etc strongly embrace being different and how you should be proud of not being the same as everyone else. We are definitely not a normal family and always encouraged our kids to stray from the norm, do their own thing, as long as it’s not hurting others.
If you have a little one like I do that LOVES the characters they will love these adorable Skullette Monster High Cookies. It’s perfect for parties, Halloween or treat bags. They take a bit of time but are worth it.
Monster High Cookie Recipe
Adorable and tasty Monster High cookies for your next party or sleepover!
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in quarters.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grab the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and let sit it out to soften up.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter. (if sticking).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to cut out the cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula place the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing still too liquidy add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Divide the icing equally into 3 bowls.
- The first bowl of icing remains white
- In the second bowl of icing add several drops of black gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- Finally, in the third bowl of icing, add several drops of pink.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Squeeze the majority of the white icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this icing and stir to mix the water and icing together.
- Using the white piping bag, pipe a white line around the edge of the circle cookie.
- Fill in with the white icing.
- Let stand for 2 hours
- Using the black icing, pipe on the outline of the monster high skull.
- Pipe on the eyes.
- Let black dry for a few minutes before you fill in with the pink icing.
- Let entire cookie(s) dry for another 4 hours before bagging or enjoying.
If you like this you will also like: