Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
I am one of those people that doesn’t like change. If it works I don’t want to give it up or replace it. My kids and husband are slowly getting me to change my ways. We changed out our old tube TV and our electric bill went down 20%. That is a change I can relate to. We have been looking into replacing our other older appliances and I saw that Best Buy has some pretty awesome energy saving appliances. One set of energy saving appliances that caught my eye were LG Twin Wash and Sidekick.
Here are the specs:
- Let’s lets you do two loads at once, so you have more time to do the things you’d rather be doing in life. It’s LG’s ingenious way of helping today’s consumer divide and conquer their daily workload. First helping them divide and conquer their laundry, then enabling them to divide and conquer every other part of their day.
- The product itself can amaze, but the innovation behind it is what inspire; as soon as you see it in action, you’ll understand. It’s completely in tune with what trendsetters need to tackle their daily grind – innovative solutions for their real (busy) life.
- The innovative LG TWIN Wash is all about efficiency, helping you get more clothes cleaner in less time. With a combined capacity of up to 6.6 cu. ft., the TWIN Wash boasts an ergonomically elevated and angled door that makes loading and unloading easier. Plus, the LED control panel is located on the door, right at your fingertips.
- TurboWash 2.0 feature saves up to 30 minutes on larger loads with outstanding cleaning performance
- TurboSteam technology deeply penetrates fabrics for greater cleaning power
- The full-width lid helps prevent spills thanks to an easy-to-fill detergent tray with recessed design
- The Sidekick can pair with almost any LG front load unit. You can wash smaller loads without having to waste water by using the main unit.
- Add the ingenious LG SideKick pedestal washer to almost any LG front load washer to tackle two loads of laundry — both large and small — at the same time.
- Discretely styled with a concealed control panel, the LG SideKick not only functions as a secondary washer, but also raises your front-loading washer to a comfortable height and matches the pedestal beneath your LG dryer.
- 1.0 cu. ft. capacity is just the right size for cleaning smaller loads as often as you need
- Delicates, hand washables, and workout wear get the special care they deserve
- The LG direct drive motor has fewer moving parts for greater efficiency, plus a 10-year warranty
- Magnetic remote control offers a convenient way to start, stop, or select a cycle
What I love about energy star appliances is just how much energy they do save. The dryers save about 20% and as a rule they all use less energy. On average, a new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 280 KWh of electricity and can save you $40 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model. With the washing machines you use less water. A full-sized ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 13 gallons of water per load, compared to the 23 gallons used by my standard machine. That’s a savings of around 3,000 gallons of water, per year. If you have a standard clothes washer that is over 10 years old like I do, it’s costing you, on average $180 a year.
The newer energy saver dryers use sensor drying, not timed drying. ENERGY STAR dryer models incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help you reduce your dryer’s energy use. This feature ensures that your dryer will automatically shut off when clothes are dry. I have noticed a HUGE difference when I use my mothers machine’s vs mine. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look in the informational materials shipped with the product for which cycle was tested for certification and how the dryer’s other cycles or settings may use more or less energy. Eighty percent of dryers in the US are electric. If you have the option, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact. We almost always go with gas if we can because of that reason.
To read more about the appliances and the Earth Day Sale at Best Visit their Earth Day page.
Right now you can get 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases (NEW – testing during this campaign) plus Free delivery on purchases $399+