Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
I participated in a Blog Blast program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kidoodle.TV. I received a promotional item and a free trial as a thank you for participating.
I struggle with my kids screen time. My 7 year old is constant offender of allowed screen time. I set limits, she breaks them. Short of taking it all away, it’s hard to control. Most devices we own have no parental controls or the apps that I do use have really difficult controls where you can only approve general ratings on tv shows. There are some shows that even though they are rated for my daughter’s age, I do not let her watch them. We recently tried out Kidoodle.Tv and I am in love. I can pick and choose which specific tv shows the kids can watch and set time limits. The kids need your code to extend watching so they can’t sneak in extra time. My daughter has not objected to the timer and really likes that she can watch without having to get my approval. She found a lot of her favorite shows on there like Jem and My Little Pony.
When I signed up the one feature I liked best was the Parent’s Room. Here you can monitor and select what your kids are watching. The passcode-protected Kidoodle.TV Parents Room features tools that allow monitoring and customization of the site for up to five household users. Within the Parents Room, parents may control the viewing parameters for each child, helping to ensure a safe viewing environment for your kids.
- Built for kids, not just aimed at them, Kidoodle.TV is designed specifically for the use and navigation by kids (ages 12 and under), ensuring an age-appropriate viewing experience.
- Featuring a brightly colored, easy-to-use user interface, customizable Kid Profiles for up to 5 kids, and great entertainment and educational content from a variety of sources, Kidoodle.TV is child oriented and convenient, with no adult content and with robust controls for parents.
- Parental controls include age category filtering and title selection and de-selection, which allows parents to tailor available content to each child’s needs.
- Once logged into Kidoodle.TV, parents simply select a Kid Profile and hand off the navigation to the child.
- Kidoodle.TV features content appropriate for its audience and is free of advertising within the service.
- Kidoodle.TV offers the freedom and diversity of Internet access but with parameters built in to assist with child safety.
Kidoodle.tv is FREE until 2014! Go try it out for FREE.
The Kidoodle.TV Holiday Giveaway Details:
Try Kidoodle.TV for FREE and enter by December 31, 2013 to win 1 of 10 tablets or 1 of 10 Kidoodle.TV year-long subscriptions!
- To enter the giveaway, go to Kidoodle.TV to sign up for a free trial. Follow the on-screen directions and submit!
If you try it let me know what you think. 🙂