Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
Enter the giveaway
925 Ideas to Help You Save Money, Get Out of Debt and Retire A Millionaire So You Can Leave Your Mark on the World from the author of the highly acclaimed book, Your Mark on the World, is a collection of articles about family financial planning that originally appeared at FamilyHow.com.
925 Ideas… is an easy and readable guide to help your family find financial peace. Author Devin D. Thorpe explains:
1) how you and your spouse can find agreement on money matters,
2) how to teach your kids about money,
3) how to pay for your children’s college education,
4) how to live like a millionaire
5) how to come up with $25,000 in a crisis
6) how to make ends meet on one income
7) how to get out of debt and stay out of debt
8) why home ownership should be your family’s top financial priority
9) how to ask your boss for a raise
10) how to use your finances to do more good in the world.
Excerpt from 925 Ideas to Help You Save Money, Get Out of Debt and Retire A Millionaire So You Can Leave Your Mark on the World
by Devin D. Thorpe￼
There are opportunities to volunteer everywhere
If you and your family would like to find ways to volunteer but aren’t sure where and how, the answer is just a Google search away. There may be no better family activity than serving others together. When you can’t volunteer as a team, remember you set an example for your children whenever you serve. Leverage your skills, talents and training to do the most good.
Here are some ideas to get you started either as a family or individually:
- Teach seniors, the disabled, or children about your favorite family hobbies.
- Help seniors or other low income people with tax returns.
- Volunteer at the local food bank.
- Serve dinner to the homeless in your community.
- Perform your talent for seniors in your community.
- Help teach homeless kids to read.
- Volunteer at the school your children attend.
- Play games with children at the local homeless shelter.
- Volunteer at a museum for children.
- Tutor immigrants and refugees, helping them to learn English.
- Deliver food to the hungry and homeless.
- Volunteer in the office of your favorite charity.
- Volunteer as an outreach advocate for your favorite cause.
- Entertain intellectually challenged adults.
- Volunteer with refugee and immigrant women to help them understand their rights here.
- Volunteer to help with the medical care for uninsured families.
- Become a care giver in a crisis nursery where parents take their children when they are at their breaking point.
- Volunteer in an animal shelter to help care for the animals.
- Help raise money for a cause by running in a 5k as a family.
- Join a service organization like Rotary International.
- Become a foster grandparent.
- Become a foster parent.
- Help grow food for the needy.
- Volunteer legal services to the poor.
- Become a volunteer writing coach at the library.
- Translate at the hospital for immigrants who speak your second language.
- Tutor children living in shelter situations.
- Help families with children receiving treatment for serious health problems.
- Help with children at your local elementary school in the before or after school programs.
- Volunteer to help cancer patients with emotional or transportation support.
Whatever you choose to do will make the world a better place and will make you a bit happier, too. Your children will learn from being involved with you and from watching you serve. Your impact will be exponentially larger than you imagine.
Get the book on Smashwords FREE or Amazon for only $0.99
Twitter: @devindthorpe or #yourmarkontheworld
Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/NLQBn6
Follow the tour!
brought to you by Promotional Book Tours