Some links in this post may or may not be affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link I will earn a commission which supports this site.
This post is in partnership with Quantum Health
Winter is upon us. With winter we get snow, frigid temperatures, and germs. With three kids and a truck driver husband, I, unfortunately, know all about germs. Over the past 20 years, I have learned a few things about how to keep your family as healthy as you can.
5 simple tips to help keep your family going strong all winter long
1. Keep it Clean: Frequently washing hands will help prevent viruses and bad bacteria from getting into your system. Make sure to lather and wash for at least 30 seconds before eating and after going to the bathroom. Wash under your fingernails too, where germs can easily hide. As a backup, carry hand sanitizer with you for those times you are not able to wash up.
2. Eat Good, Feel Good: Eating healthy goes a long way towards boosting your immune system. Cut back on the sweets and get plenty of vitamins and minerals from your diet. Fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats and fish all contain necessary nutrients to keep you strong and healthy.
3. Relax and Recharge: Don’t let stress get the better of you. Stress not only impairs your immune system but can lead to unhealthy habits. When you find your stress levels are too high, take a moment to relax. Don’t forget to recharge with a good night’s rest too. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will keep your body running right and fighting off germs.
4. Work it: The weather may keep you inside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t fit some exercise into your day. Get a gym membership, follow an at-home workout routine or shovel snow. Even 15 minutes each day will strengthen your body to better withstand illness.
5. Think TheraZinc: Even when you think you’ll be fine, it’s always good to get an extra measure of zinc to keep you feeling your best. Not only are TheraZinc lozenges made up of premium ingredients and flavors, but they are easy to keep on hand for when you need them.
Lastly, make sure you drink lots of liquids like tea and water. The better hydrated you are the easier it is for your body to rebound and fight off those dreaded germs!
Available in Bing Cherry and Meyer Lemon & Honey flavors, the Cough Relief Lozenges provide soothing relief for when a cough or a sore throat is getting you down.
The TheraZinc Lozenges come in Elderberry Raspberry and Blood Orange flavors and are formulated with zinc gluconate to help support your immune system when your body needs it most.
Find more tips and products on Quantum Health’s website, Facebook page, follow them on Pinterest and Twitter.
Quantum Health and I want to help keep you healthy!
Enter to win your choice of flavor from each type of lozenge!
(One Lemon and Meyer Honey or Bing Cherry Cough Relief and one Elderberry Raspberry or Blood Orange TheraZinc)