Turkey Cookie Pops Recipe
Looking for an adorable treat to make for your Thanksgiving table or your little guests? These turkey oreo pops will make your decorations edible and super fun!
- Package of vanilla Oreo cookies
- Package of Nutter Butter mini round cookies
- Bag of candy corn
- Pack of candy sticks found at Michaels or Walmart
- Ribbon of your choice for decoration
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Orange, yellow & red gel food coloring
- -Separate the vanilla Oreo cookies.
- -Place the half of the Oreo cookie with the filling on it on a plate.
- -Add a layer of white royal icing* on top of the cookie filling.
- -Place four pieces of candy corn with the white end of the candy corn on top of the royal icing.
- -Place the candy stick on the icing until almost touching the candy corn.
- -Put the top half of the Oreo cookie on top. (if needed add more icing to level to the top cookie).
- -Allow to dry 1 hour before standing up.
- -Add the mini Nutter Butter cookie on top of the Oreo cookie.
- -Use the white icing as the glue to hold the mini cookie to the Oreo Cookie.
- -Add a small dot of white icing as the eye on the mini nutter butter cookie.
- -Place a tiny orange icing dot (eye ball) in the center of the white dot (eye).
- -Add three tiny yellow icing dots, touching each other, for the nose.
- -Add a red icing for the waddle.
- -Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- -Tie a bow around the candy stick.
- -Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- -If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- - Spoon the icing into a bowl (#1). Take out 4 TBSP of icing add several drops of orange gel food coloring. Mix well!
- - Spoon the icing into a bowl (#2). Take out 4 TBSP of icing add several drops of yellow gel food coloring. Mix well!
- -Add several drops of red gel food coloring in a bowl (#3) of 4 TBSP of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- -Keep the rest of the icing as white.
- -Spoon the different colors of the icing into Individual pastry bags with a #5 tips.
- -Twist the open end of the pastry bag to force the icing to the tip.
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/turkey-cookie-pops-food-craft/