Thin Mint Truffles
Yield 18 truffles
Thin Mint Truffles are indulgent, rich and oh so yummy.
- 1 box Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 2/3 cup Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
- 2/3 cup Wilton dark green candy melts
- Dark green jimmies sprinkles
- Bright green jimmies sprinkles
- Chocolate jimmies sprinkles
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the Thin Mints cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese. Mix well. (You may find it easier to just use your hands).
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Roll the chilled cookie mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the dark cocoa candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot. For the double boiler, warm the candy melts under medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of the balls into the melted dark cocoa chocolate (I used a toothpick and a spoon) and return to the lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle the truffle ball with the dark and light green jimmies.
- NOTE: The chocolate hardens fast because the truffles were in the freezer. I ended up dipping one truffle at a time and sprinkling it with jimmies before moving onto the next truffle.
- Melt the dark green candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot.
- Dip the remaining balls into the melted dark green chocolate and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate jimmies.
*Store in an airtight up to 1 week
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/thin-mint-truffles-recipe/