Red FIsh Blue Fish Cookies
Celebrate the iconic Dr Suess with some yummy Red Fish Blue Fish Cookies
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
Cookie Cutter: fish shape
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 disposable piping bags with #2 tips
- 2 squeeze bottles
- red blue and black gel color
- black edible marker
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour intothe batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookiesheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.(About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed onto stiff peaks form
- Split into 4 bowls
- Leaving one bowl white, add the colors to 1 of the 3 bowls, red in one blue in the other and black in the last.
- Using the piping bags, add a little bit off the colors to 1 of each bag.
- With red and blue icing remaining in the bowls, add 1 tsp of water to thin out the icing.
- Pour icing into a squeeze bottle
- Outline the fish in black icing
- Fill in the outline with the thin red or blue icing and let sit on a cookie sheet for 4 hours
- Using your edible marker, add some shading to the top fin, the tips of the tails and the middle part of the fish.
- Then add a half smile and outline of the eyes
- After, add the flipper with some shading
- Use the white icing, add a small dot for the fishes eye
- Then use the black icing, add the pupil
- Let sit for another hour
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/red-fish-blue-fish-cookies/