Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Yield 8 Bowls
A hearty flourless loaded baked potato soup that can be easily adapted to taste.
4 large baking potatoes
1 cup of chopped cooked bacon
6 cups of chicken broth
16 oz of sour cream
3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp of salt
- Wash potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook potatoes in the microwave for 15-18 minutes.
- Cook half of the potatoes in a large pot and mash.
- Add chicken broth and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Once simmering, mix in sour cream and 2/3 of the bacon.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of cheddar cheese and simmer for another 10 minutes continuing to stir every 5 minutes.
- Let cool to desired temperature and serve in bowls.
- Garnish with the rest of the cheddar cheese, bacon, chives or sour cream to taste.
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/loaded-baked-potato-soup/