Lemon Pepper Cast Iron Chicken Meal
Perfect for summer. Throw it in the marinade in the morning, pop it in the skillet when you are ready for dinner.
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp.Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Onion
- 6-7 small Red Potatoes sliced
- 1 small bag Baby Carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Tarragon
- Parsley for garnish
- 1 Lemon
- In a large sealed tight container add your chicken breasts. 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lemon juice, and seasonings let refrigerate for 2 hours
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once you start to hear the oil "pop" add your chicken breasts cook on high for 5 minutes until the breasts look crispy then rotate and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for 12 minutes each to insure its completely cooked
- Pull the chicken out and place to the side
- Add your onion, potato, and carrots to the cast iron add your 1 tbsp.of tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat till tender- add 1/2 of a lemon freshly squeezed juice
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Garnish with Parsley and lemon wedges
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/lemon-pepper-cast-iron-chicken/