Chocolate Covered Gourmet Madeline Cookies
Dress up your plain Madeline cookies with white chocolate!
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2⁄3 C sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 C flour
- 1 stick +2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep the Madeleine's pan with baking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar in bowl with an electric mixer to blend the two together.
- Add vanilla, lemon peel and salt. Mixing until blended.
- Next gradually add flour; beating until just blended.
- Slowly pour the cooled melted butter, beating until just blended.
- Spoon batter into each indentation in pan until 3/4 rd's filled.
- Bake at 375 degrees until puffed and brown, 10-16 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes while still in the pan.
- Gently transfer the cookies by removing them from pan to wire racks.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Using a double boiler melt one package of white chocolate wafers.
- Continue to stir as the chocolate begins to melt.
- Add 4-5 drops of red gel food coloring. (May take more to get the exact shade of red.)
- Stir to blend the color throughout the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still hot dip the cookie half way into the pan.
- Set the dipped cookie onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Allow the chocolate to dry.
- Either in another double boiler or in the microwave melt the other package of white chocolate.
- Once melted spoon the white chocolate into a piping bag with a #2 tip.
- With the filled piping bag begin to draw the lines on the chocolate dipped cookie.
- Allow to dry before serving.
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/chocolate-covered-gourmet-madeline-cookies/