Cast Iron Cowboy Queso Dip Recipe
Full of flavor, just the right amount of spice and cheesy goodness.
- 1/2 lb. hot pork sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 c. Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 diced jalapeños, seeds removed
- Browning the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat. Crumble your sausage as you cook it.
- When the sausage is cooked add the chicken broth and allow to reduce down for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, add the cheese and stir to combine.
- It should take about 4-5 minutes for all the cheese to melt in.
- Once melted, stir in the tomatoes, beans, jalapeños and cilantro.
- Let rest for 2 minutes.
Cuisine cast iron skillet
Recipe by My Crafty Life at https://www.craftylife.net/cast-iron-cowboy-queso-dip/