“I did what?”
Twenty-eight year old Gabriella Bessu is St. Therese’s meticulous wedding ceremony coordinator. So the fact that she has mistakenly signed her newest couple up for an annulment, rather than a wedding, sends her Catholic guilt into overdrive.
But who can blame her? The groom is gorgeous and his two kids tug at Gabriella’s heart in a way that overcomes all her best intentions. Before long she’s in over her head, fixing her mixed-up plans and helping the children and dad come to terms with their haunting grief for the mother and wife they lost years earlier.
Can Gabriella untangle her own fears and accept the messy life that God has handed them?
This book reminded me of the movies in the 90’s I used to watch when I needed a break from my life. You’d immerse yourself in these movies so that you’d feel better and uplifted. It was refreshing to read a story that centered around God but was not preachy or vanilla. It was a true story about guilt and confusion that led to redemption for both parties. It delved into the harshness of death and loss. It showed how easily it is to isolate yourself and be stuck in a rut before you know. I loved the emphasis of having faith in something and how sometimes you just need to let go and have fate work its magic. I highly recommend this book. It was like a breathe of fresh air in my drama filled life. 🙂
With an English teacher for a mom, DEANNE WILSTED, grew up reciting conjugation instead of nursery rhymes. Now, forty years later, she’s sharing that special skill through her writing and her mothering. Her first book, a contemporary romance called BETTING JESSICA, was released October 2011. Her second Novel, UNTANGLING THE KNOT, is due out in February 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing. She is currently marketing her third book for publication and writing her fourth, fifth and sixth while blogging about the crazy stuff she overheard while writing.
1. Review: http://mommyreadstoomuch.com
2. Excerpt: http://mamasgotflair.com
1. Review: http://upliftingreads.blogspot.com
2. Review: http://takingtimeformommy.com
1. Review: http://adventuresfrugalmom.com
2. Interview: http://midwesternmoms.com
1. Review: http://tiffanytalksbooks.com
2. Review: http://blogspot.com/Randomfamilygal
1. Review: http://www.craftylife.net
2. Guest Post: http://susanheim.blogspot.com
1. Review: http://nikita-mattes.blogspot.com/
2. Review: http://www.hangingoffthewire.com/