Thin Mint Truffles take the iconic Girl Scout cookie to a whole new level! Once you try this truffle recipe, it will be hard to stay out of them!
My kids are obsessed with any kind of cookie truffles – we have made many different kinds over the years.
I think this Thin Mint Truffle recipe has been my favorite. It’s indulgent, rich and oh so yummy.
Serve them at your next party, save them for a midnight snack or for any function! Any reason to stock up on Girl Scout cookies…am I right?
If you haven’t purchased a Wilton Melting Pot, I highly recommend it. I love mine!!
The melting pot is super helpful in the process of melting the candy melts and dipping the truffles.
Thin Mint Truffles
Yield 18 truffles
Thin Mint Truffles are indulgent, rich and oh so yummy.
- 1 box Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 2/3 cup Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
- 2/3 cup Wilton dark green candy melts
- Dark green jimmies sprinkles
- Bright green jimmies sprinkles
- Chocolate jimmies sprinkles
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the Thin Mints cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese. Mix well. (You may find it easier to just use your hands).
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Roll the chilled cookie mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the dark cocoa candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot. For the double boiler, warm the candy melts under medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of the balls into the melted dark cocoa chocolate (I used a toothpick and a spoon) and return to the lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle the truffle ball with the dark and light green jimmies.
- NOTE: The chocolate hardens fast because the truffles were in the freezer. I ended up dipping one truffle at a time and sprinkling it with jimmies before moving onto the next truffle.
- Melt the dark green candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot.
- Dip the remaining balls into the melted dark green chocolate and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate jimmies.
*Store in an airtight up to 1 week
Materials needed for Thin Mint Truffles Recipe
Wilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting PotWilton Dark Candy Cocoa MeltsWilton Dark Green Candy MeltsDress My Cupcake- Decorating Sprinkles Jimmies 3.2-Ounce, GreenLIME GREEN JIMMIES EDIBLE Candy Confetti SprinklesWilton Chocolate Jimmies Food DecorativeWilton Candy Melts Decorating Tools Set